Auf das Thema antworten  [ 15 Beiträge ] 
FIFA Manager 14 - Crashing at random dates 
Autor Nachricht
Kreisklasse
Kreisklasse

Beitrag FIFA Manager 14 - Crashing at random dates
Sorry for not writing in German as I can't speak German. This is the only forum I have found to be active for this game.

I have been trying to make this game work for like 2-3 years and I can't get this game work. I have played a lot of FM13 on my desktop PC without any problems but tried FM14 on two laptops and the game always crashes during third season. In all my saves when the game crashes, I am a manager of an English club and a national team but the game also crashed when I managed a Swiss club and a Russian club. Do you know any workarounds or solutions for the crash?

The things I have tried and observed:

* Simulating the crash date doesn't always work.
* I did Perimeter File - Merchandising solution and it helped only for half a season while I was managing Tom Tomsk. When I joined Middlesborough, the game crashed at second match.
* The game doesn't use my nVidia GPU even if I select it in nVidia Control Panel. (I have a LED light on my laptop that shows which GPU it uses, it is orange once the game starts showing that nVidia GPU is active and when the menu comes it is blue showing the game uses Intel GPU.
* Changing compatibility doesn't work for anything. (I am on Windows 10 right now.)
* When I load a save file that is going to crash at a certain date, the cutscene always shows the same team's logo. For example, my last save only shows Derby County's logo while I am loading the game because it crashed after that cutscene.
* I am running max number of leagues for my machine.
* I have installed the game on English and German languages, it crashed during both.
* I played FM13 on a desktop PC with Windows XP and it never crashed. Then I played FM14 on a laptop with Windows 7 and it crashed. And now I am playing on a gaming laptop with Windows 10 and it crashes.

I think the problem is me playing on a laptop with two graphics card because this is the only difference between these computers, and I also had problems with some other games because of this reason. Can somebody confirm they have this problem with their desktop PC?

My latest save file that crashes after 2 days: https://bit.ly/2S4pSvb

8. Juli 2019, 13:40
Rekordmeister
Rekordmeister

Mein Verein:
Beitrag Re: FIFA Manager 14 - Crashing at random dates
Hello Gurfield,
there are many posts here that are about issues / crashes.

Have you already looked at these?

For example, see here:

grafik-hardwarebeschleuniger-t59754.html

:winke: greeting
Dino

9. Juli 2019, 06:22
Kreisklasse
Kreisklasse

Yes, I have looked at the solutions through Google Translate. I had that Graphics Accelerator problem the first time I installed the game on my current laptop but it is fixed now.

I have really tried everything I could find but I am really tired of trying. It takes my whole day to play 2 seasons to see if the game will crash another time. During my second season with Tom Tomsk the game closed at a certain date. Then I changed the Perimeter - Merchandising file and the game continued after that day. Now I am in third season with Middlesborough and game crashes again. In my previous save, I was playing with Vaduz, then I went to Southampton for my third season and the game crashed.

I also wonder if this game has a problem with English leagues.

10. Juli 2019, 07:53
Kreisklasse
Kreisklasse

Also, you mentioned in another post that the current FM14 version is 1.0.4.0 but Origin version is 1.0.0.0. Do you know where can I get the update to see if it helps?

10. Juli 2019, 07:59
Rekordmeister
Rekordmeister

Mein Verein:
Hello Gurfield,
so you play with the FM14. :wink:

The "minimum" system requirements are:
Windows XP SP3
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent
1GB RAM
Graphics card: ATI Radeon 9800 SE 128MB or higher
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 256MB or higher
Must support Shader Model 2.0 or higher.

The "recommended" system requirements are:
Windows Vista ™ SP2 / Windows 7
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3.0 GHz or equivalent
1.5GB RAM
Graphics card: ATI Radeon 9800 SE 128MB or higher
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 256MB or higher
Must support Shader Model 2.0 or higher.

The "general" requirements are:
7 GB of free hard disk space
8x DVD-ROM drive
DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card

Zitat:
Yes, I have looked at the solutions through Google Translate. I had that Graphics Accelerator problem the first time I installed the game on my current laptop but it is fixed now.

I have really tried everything I could find but I am really tired of trying. It takes my whole day to play 2 seasons to see if the game will crash another time. During my second season with Tom Tomsk the game closed at a certain date. Then I changed the Perimeter - Merchandising file and the game continued after that day. Now I am in third season with Middlesborough and game crashes again. In my previous save, I was playing with Vaduz, then I went to Southampton for my third season and the game crashed.

I also wonder if this game has a problem with English leagues.
It is not a problem with English leagues.

Zitat:
Also, you mentioned in another post that the current FM14 version is 1.0.4.0 but Origin version is 1.0.0.0. Do you know where can I get the update to see if it helps?

I should have mentioned this in a post? :gruebel:

In addition the following:
The FM13 version is: 1.0.4.0
The FM14 version is: 1.0.0.0

Dino

Still my opinion about the crashes in the FM14:
There is "only" version 1.0.0.0.
So no further update in the eventual errors were fixed.
In contrast, in Fm13, after the basic version 1.0.0.0 was available, further updates, up to version 1.0.4.0, were "passed" in which existing bugs were corrected.
Therefore, in my opinion, this is also the reason why it crashes in the FM14.
Also with me it came with plays with the FM14, with the transition of the 1st to the 2nd season, or within the 2nd season to crashes.
That's why I do not play the FM14 anymore.
The FM13, however, runs "stable" with me and I'm just playing with it.
So far, I had no crashes with it.

10. Juli 2019, 14:05
Kreisklasse
Kreisklasse

Thanks for the tips. I have an MSI GP72 so the requirements are not a problem for these games. If the game is like GTA 4 for newer machines though then that's a problem :D

Today, I have played FM14 for 10 hours straight to see if I can fix my issues and it seems I managed to fix the crashing for now. I played four seasons with a total of six clubs and two national teams without crashing.

I used Database Editor (EdManager14.exe). Clicked "Write Current Database For Game" at the bottom right corner, and then saved it at the top left corner, and started a new game choosing Edited Database option. I was also using this method for FM13 when the game would give me an error for some reason but I didn't think it would help in FM14. I think my FM13 version was also 1.0.0.0 as I installed it from a pirated DVD at the time. Maybe the crashing problem is because of database.

Anyway, I will see if the problem was really because of the Default Database or something else. Now I have to test this for 5 more seasons :-?

10. Juli 2019, 19:49
Rekordmeister
Rekordmeister

Mein Verein:
Hello Gurfield,
nice that it now "apparently" works.
Should you be able to play without a crash for a long time, please let me know.

Dino

11. Juli 2019, 05:17
Kreisklasse
Kreisklasse

Nope, it still crashes. I have played 1.5 seasons with all 3D matches and game crashed when I loaded my save this morning :( While I was testing before I was playing all matches with Videotext Mode but I don't think that should be the case.

13. Juli 2019, 06:00
Rekordmeister
Rekordmeister

Mein Verein:
Gurfield hat geschrieben:
Nope, it still crashes. I have played 1.5 seasons with all 3D matches and game crashed when I loaded my save this morning :( While I was testing before I was playing all matches with Videotext Mode but I don't think that should be the case.
Hello Gurfield,
maybe you should play with the FM13.
I would be interested if it crashes then.

Dino

13. Juli 2019, 06:45
Kreisklasse
Kreisklasse

Okay, I just bought FM13. I hope it will work without a problem :)

13. Juli 2019, 15:20
Rekordmeister
Rekordmeister

Mein Verein:
Gurfield hat geschrieben:
Okay, I just bought FM13. I hope it will work without a problem :)

Hello Gurfield,
there is still the FM13 to buy? :gruebel:
Where did you buy it?

13. Juli 2019, 17:47
Kreisklasse
Kreisklasse

It is available to buy at G2A and Kinguin. It was around 177 TL / 27 Euro at G2A and around 114 TL / 17 Euro at Kinguin.

Also, I was surprised to see that you can still login with your account in the menu. Although it doesn't seem like you can do anything online. The Live Database option was not working because the register page isn't available anymore.

13. Juli 2019, 19:40
Rekordmeister
Rekordmeister

Mein Verein:
Hello Gurfield,
then I'm really curious if you can play with the FM13, without crashes.

For your information:
To be able to play with the FM13 you have to register with ORIGIN.

However, there is an overwhelming opportunity, based on the original version of the FM13, to play with the FM19 without ORIGIN.

To find out more, enter Google Football Manager 19.

Or, look here at FM Arena for:

season-2019-universal-converter-project-t62858.html

There can also ask questions about it.

Dino

14. Juli 2019, 05:21
Kreisklasse
Kreisklasse

I have been playing since yesterday and FM13 was always crashing at first, and then I did the "use more than 2 GB RAM" thing with CFF Explorer and no crashes at all :D Also, FM13 works with nVidia GPU so it is much faster than FM14 :D

I am also downloading the FM19 Mod from your link, it looks awesome :D

Thanks for your help DINO-12 :daumen:

14. Juli 2019, 07:16
Rekordmeister
Rekordmeister

Mein Verein:
You're welcome. :mrgreen:

There are finally these forums.

Then tell me if it works.

Dino